Monday, September 21, 2009

A weekend away

I went to Jasper this last weekend to visit with Joey and his brood. Teresa, Mom, and Charlie went also. We all went in Charlie's truck. On the way down it started to rain and I jumped into the bed, after Charlie pulled off the road, and lost my cel somewhere along I-44. I did not realize this untill we arrived at Joey's. I did manage to get a new phone in the middle of east, by sowestwest Jesus. I still do not have all of my numbers in it>
I am going to enter all of the information from Kevin's phone and the palm. I did manage to get the Death Certificates today. Teresa, Keith and I are going to Arline on Wednesday to git the legal ball rolling. Hopefully in a couple of months this will all be straightened out. I am still remembering at least one good time Kevin and I spent together. I am finding great happiness in the memories of Kevin singing to me when we were first dating. He searched for an Art Garfunkel version of "I only have eyes for you". Kevin would sing it to me before we went to bed at night. He did this several times. I once asked him why he st oped and he surprised me by doing it every once in a while after that. I did not hear him sing for the last couple of years. Except for the occasional show tune outburst with dramatic drag movements. This always made me laugh. I am amazed at the number of people who did not know Kevin as a man full of mirth. I am letting go of the doubts I have had. I know that I was just looking for reasons not to mourn him.
I spent a lot of time with Kaden this weekend. Kaden is the one year old of one of Joey and Becky's foster daughters. He had always refused to have anything to do with me before. I guess the snow cone helped. I found myself getting cough up in his wonder of everything. He giggled when I pushed him on the swing, and he loved to bounce and dance. I even held him while we were all having dinner. I guess that I saw a little of Kevin's wonder at the world in his eyes. Kevin did find wonder in many things. He especially loved to take photos. Kevin would take a picture of a tree and find it amazing. I have a photo of a rainbow somewhere in Illinois. He pulled over and took the picture. This was long before we met. I would have wondered what was wrong when he pulled over. I guess that Kevin did have the eyes of a child in many ways. He saw the good in others, even when they could not see it in themselves. Well I need to get something to eat.
Kenny

1 comment: