Friday, September 04, 2009

Kevin Grand Exit

KEVIN WILL BE LYING IN STATE AT Kutis Funeral Home on Saturday September 5, 2009, located at 2600 Gravois i St. Louis from 1pm until 8pm for the general public. He leaves behind countless fans. I being the greatest of them all.
Kevin and I were blissed with over 15 years of loving, living, fighting, and merging ourselves in a family that included both relatives, and close friends. Together we forged a life that grew, and produce countless memories. These I have to treasure and hold in my heart. We spent our time together exploring our back yard, as well as other places far more exotic. Kevin will forever be laughing with his blue eyes shining with a hint of mirth that most would never expect of a straight laced accountant.
Kevin took great pride in his appearance. Many were puzzled by his refusal to see them in his last few days. He did not want anyone to see him in less than polished appearance. He could not converse very long and was so exhausted by just changing position in bed.
I was given the supreme gift of watching him leave this world. I find comfort in knowing that he is no longer in pain, not just the physical, the pain due to his loss of self sufficency. I was his caregiver, friend, partner, but most of all I shared a love that is not bound by physical, or space. I can go on knowing that I will carry with me his love, and the memories we made together.
Kenny

2 comments:

  1. We will miss Kevin dearly. Thank you Kenny for all you have done to keep us informed during this incredibly difficult time.

    Christy & Brian

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have been following each day as things progressed...you did an awesome job keeping everyone informed during this difficult time, even with a sense of humor. We are sorry that we can't be there. I know Kevin will be missed by many, and if there's anything we can do for you, please let us know.
    Jeff and Rose

    ReplyDelete