Sunday, September 06, 2009

The Day After

Kevin is no longer in the house. He as been gone for 2 nights now and the feeling of loneliness is permeating my soul. I am going to sleep in my room for the first time since he left. I will go forward because no other choice is offered. His viewing was pleasant. So many people that he touched. I know that he will be remembered for a very long time. The funeral director let me know that they are trying to get him cremated on Tuesday. If this happens his memorial will be next Saturday or possibly sooner.
Now I have begun to pack up his things, and have to decide what to do with them. Cloths to the donation bin, personal belongings to treasured must be dispersed to those he chose. Memories that are painful can not leave, someday I can think about our life without anger, and pain, Not now. I will deal with everything in time. Time is something I have an abundance of now. No more is my time needed t help him out of bed,to a chair, cook his meas, dress his wounds, baith , even in other personal hygiene needs.
Time is now my punishment no longer my friend.
Kenny

1 comment:

  1. Kenny, i am sure all of those there helped you through such a difficult day. When the memorial time is finalized please let me know so I can make travel arrangements. I know you are strong and will be able to get through it all in time.
    Brian p

    ReplyDelete