Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Kevin Progresses

Kevin started on the Morphine yesterday morning. He is sleeping most of the time and is eating very little, even Ice Cream. He has asked that visits are short and in small numbers. He has a hard time keeping focus. He says that he is ready to go. the calm that he is currently experiencing is comforting. He appears to be at peace with what is to come. I on the other hand am finding thing a little more difficult to deal with as time passes. I went to the grocery store yesterday, and picked out 2 pork chops. I realized that they needed to be wrapped individually. I no longer need to cook for 2. The butcher was a little freaked out by my near tearful event. I am finding that my normal route has been about 2 for so long I do not ember how to start to live for 1. Time, and possibly a few Appletinies, will make this better.
I want to thank everyone for the visits,and support with all forms of communication. I am trying to keep this updated at least every other day and will post after Kevin passes, what the arrangements are.
Kenny

3 comments:

  1. Kevin and Kenny, I soooo wish I was there right now - I would love to give you both a hug! Please let Kevin know I'm thinking about him and I am happy to hear that he is at peace with this. Keep hangin' in there Kenny - I think of you both many, many times during the day and please know that you are both in my prayers. Love, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kev Kenny.
    I am thinking about you guys everyday. I too am glad that Kevin is at peace with this and will treasure my time with him. Love always

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the updates Kenny. I will have many fond memories of Kevin and let him know I am thinking about him. You are both special to me and I am glad he found someone special in his life!! He deserves it!

    ReplyDelete